Saturday, September 24, 2005

It's Raining in ShenZhen

The rain doesn't seem to want to let up. I am told there is nothing to worry about, but I am not as worried about today as I am worried about Thursday, when I am supposed to fly out. I have two planes that must connect for me to get back to the States in one piece, and I am now familiar enough with the Chinese air transportation system to have some anxiety about the matter.

Aside from that, though, I am just tired of being inside all the time. Not that it would be bad to go out in the rain, but I can't afford to get sick, and I don't want stuff drenched clothes into my luggage. There are presents in there. I'm not naming names, but some people would be very sad to learn that there present was drenched and therefore had to be discarded. Sigh. So, in I stay. There are not very many indoor activities that you can do around here, so I read. I am halfway through one of the two books I brought with me, and I started it three days ago. I guess that means I will be okay for the rest of the trip, at least, if not for the ride home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home