Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's Raining in Dongguan

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! I am about ready to jump out of my skin!!! Goodman has gone to ShenZhen to spend the afternoon with his friend and then he will pick up our colleague at 11:00 and bring him back here. Three more audits to complete. Perhaps the most difficult three, so this is my last day to look around China and IT RAINS! Or rather, it continues the deluge.

So I have gotten very familiar with the HBO schedule, as that is one of very few channels in English and try as I might, I can't understand anything that is going on in the Chinese television programs. Not the game shows, not the dramas, not what I assume are the comedies...nothing. So I watch HBO, I read, I watch the DVDs that I brought, but I am going mad, and getting sluggish with my wasted energy. There isn't really room in my room to do any Kung Fu, though Mr. N will surely disown me if I do not do the form at least once. I will have to try later. Perhaps after this blog. I must complete it at least once, to be sure I remember it before I have to test.

I think that being here has actually made me want to study harder, and to try and learn more Mandarin, and to fully enjoy and appreciate my life. I know that may seem strange, but it is a very fortunate life, and I am blessed to have so many experiences, to have so many opportunities, and I should not squander them. And so I shall not. Or at least, I will try not to. Wow, that got off subject. It's raining, did I mention that?

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you have to get out of your ordinary life and world for a bit to realize how wonderful your life and world really are! Even if it takes rain to slow you down long enough to reflect on that. But I do know what you mean--two days in Cancun during a hurricane--no snorkeling, no swimming, no wandering on the beach. Plus, not much else to do. This, too, shall pass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home