Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Nihongo ga scoshi wakadimas

I really want to invest in the Pimsleurs Japanese lessons. After meeting a Japanese couple in Tahiti and finding out that what few phrases I did know were spoken "With a perfect accent" I have a lot of faith in the system. PLUS, I remember all of it to this day. Of course, as would be evidenced by the title to this blog, I have no literate knowledge of the language, but speaking it alone would be very useful. I would like to speak it.

I would also like to take a Japanese Culture class, or even get a Masters in Japanese studies...but alas, what for? I think it could be a fascinating career jumping off point, but at the same time, I imagine I would either need to live in Japan or work there most of the time, and I like San Diego and love my hubby, so that would be difficult on us.

Of course, we still think that we would like to live in New York City at one point in our lives, and maybe we could extend that to Tokyo. What do you think, SPF?

At any rate, the Pimsleurs full course is upwards of $300.00. YIKES, I know, but it is effective, and so worth every penny. Of course, I have a LITTLE debt to pay off still from the wedding before I go and buy this course, but if it works as well as I think it will, I am going to get French next and then maybe Spanish as a refresher and Italian because I like Italy. Ooooh, and Greek. I would actually get them all. I would LOVE and have always thought about knowing multiple languages. It is what I rank among the highest intelligence skill sets. Probably because, based on how I have been taught, I am no good at languages other than my own. But this system is really good.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could give u links to the pimsleur japan and others. If you have any moral obligations, I would recommend buying them cause they are just great...let me know if you are interested

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger K-Dizzle said...

にほんごがすこしわかります (hiragana)

and
nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu
is the correct romanji.

just fyi.

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous gay erotic beastiality stories said...

The worst wouldhave been to be seen by HIM and the real Kat, but they wouldnt arrivefor another day. Ten minutes later he was cupping her amplecupcakes over the coffee table and rocking her worldso hard that the teacups trembled precariously on theedge.
bestiality stories free
bestiality stories k-9 thumbs
gay old men stories
sex stories incest mom
nifty bisexual stories
The worst wouldhave been to be seen by HIM and the real Kat, but they wouldnt arrivefor another day. Ten minutes later he was cupping her amplecupcakes over the coffee table and rocking her worldso hard that the teacups trembled precariously on theedge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home