Thursday, July 29, 2004

If Only in my Dreams

I have gone in stages of having nightmares about the wedding and then not having any for months and months and months.  I think part of the reason that they went away was that I am confident in my planning, I know that I am meant to be with SF, and I am prepared for something to go wrong at the wedding without it upsetting me.  Something.  One thing.  THING is a singular term. 

Last night, all hell broke loose....if only in my dreams....

The hair and make-up women arrived, too late to get anything done.  The dress was pressed, but somehow at least four sizes too big and it kept falling off.  The corset kept loosening itself so the whole ensemble wanted to fall off constantly.  My wedding coordinator did not show up.  Her assistant DID show up, but she was useless and actually made things worse.  The cake didn't show up.  My beautiful, expensive cake.  We didn't actually GET MARRIED!  We somehow managed to overlook that in light of all of the other things going wrong.  The dj was there, but his speakers were blown and he was playing everything we had asked him NOT to play.  My bridesmaids were there, but their gifts were at my house.  No photographer.  I couldn't sit down to dinner because I was trying to solve every problem.  It was horrible.

I have no idea what lesson could be learned from this.  I can take SOME thing, and maybe even a couple of things going wrong, but I can't imagine EVERYTHING going wrong.  It was too much to bear.

Plus, the night before last I had a really bizarre dream about Mr. N and Sifu that has got me in a tizzy.  I can't figure out my subconscious.  At least my rational mind is only now starting to break down.

Wish me luck.


5 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger JQ said...

I can tell you what to take from that dream: You've done all the planning, now when the day comes, LET IT GO. Even if EVERYTHING goes wrong - you will get married, and your attitude during the day will be what makes your wedding something to look back on and smile / laugh about / get happy-teary about - or to look back about and feel sadness and remorse. So do yourself this huge favor: Whatever happens on the day, it's out of your hands. Have a great wedding!!!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

The dreaming world is the place your mind gets to think the things you know aren't going to happen. It's a stressful time and you just need to remember on your day that all the people there are there for you and SF. Take deep breaths, laugh, and have an awesome day.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Thanks, guys. I will try to keep that in mind. Just breathe....

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger JQ said...

Ah! I think there's still time for me to make you some huge sparkly wings - you want 'em?! You're going to have an awesome wedding (with or without wings).

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a BEAUTIFUL WEDDING!!!

JQ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home