Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Distraction of Sand and Fog

So SF and I rented and watched "The House of Sand and Fog" last night and it is haunting me.  I can't get it out of my head.  It was a very wrenching film.  At first, my reaction was that it was not a dark as "Requiem for a Dream" but then I really started to think about it and it is freaking me out even more than that film did.  Because of my reaction to drug use, I almost thought that they deserved what they got in "Requiem" but I am more horrified by HoSF because no one deserved any of that, and yet they each could have avoided the inevitable destruction that ensued.  I can't stand injustice.  It makes me so angry I can hardly see, and this movie was filled with it from all sides, but yet there is no villain, and at the same point there are too many villains.  I can't get this out of my head, it is freaking me out.

I didn't sleep because of it.  I just want to save the world, but I can't.  I can't even speak Japanese.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home