Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Force to be Reckoned With

I sparred last night. Albeit not well, but I did it. I feared it, I conquered that fear, I tried my best to learn and fight, I was hit A LOT, but I did it. I am certainly not talented by any means, but I am driven. That, in truth, might be more important in the long run. I do need to work on my endurance, though. 1 minute of non-stop sparring (one-sided) is MUCH more difficult than you would imagine. After about 20 seconds you are starting to wonder where time has gone, after forty, you can't see through the sweat and all you can hear is "Keep pushing, only a few more seconds!!" and you think to yourself, yeah, but it was only a few seconds to begin with and now I am dead.

I do have the heavy bag at home, though, and that will be an excellent training tool. I need to start using it on a regular basis. The intense purple sash, Mr. N, wasn't there last night, but Ms. E was, and she was very patient with me and VERY good at what she does. After she sparred me she took on Mr. H again. She is incredible. So excited!!!

However, there is now a nice bruise growing from my elbow to halfway up my tricep. Tender to the touch. It was probably my nastiest contact, although I was also hit in the head and in the kidney (both illegal strikes.) Pain isn't so bad, though, and adrenaline is an AMAZING drug. I didn't even know that my jaw didn't work anymore last week in my last point sparring until I woke up the next day. Then it was very obvious. Still is rather obvious, especially after last night. I think it is worse off now, to tell the truth. No worries, though, it will heal.

Give me a few months and I will become a force to be reckoned with. Of this I am now certain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home