Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Kung Fu Nation

So I am REALLY nervous about inviting Mr. N to my wedding...and yet I already gave him the invitation. He has to check on protocol from the school. They have rules about not fraternizing with the students, as well they should I would imagine, but at the same point in time it is giving me much distress. Asking was weird...but I hope they know it is out of respect and because I like them. (Them being both Mr. and Ms. N.) I am nervous though because Mr. N would have asked Sifu, but Sifu wasn't there last night, instead, Sifu T. was there and I don't know if he is a nice guy or not. Not that the rules would necessarily change, but it would be less nerve wracking if we could have just asked Sifu last night. Grrr. I don't know why I even bothered. This is making me crazy. Oh, and since Mr. N teaches sparring (the real kind, with contact and everything) and since I am now a Green Sash, he wants me to go. TONIGHT. I told him I would, but I am nervous as heck. I already told him that I don't want to get bruised up before the wedding, so he is going to be nice to me and ensure that I don't have any "badge of honor" bruises on my wedding day. I guess Ms. N was in the same position right before they got married, which I think is great. He told me that she went to sparring and said outright, "I'm getting married, I'm not sparring." That way you still get to do the drills and everything, but you don't have to worry so much about the bruising. Plus, you get to learn from watching. REALLY watching instead of sitting on the sidelines and taking a peek every once in a while. The whole thing is crazy. I told him I would go, though. Now I have to. AHHHHHH!!!!! This will automatically be the most nerve-wracking one. It has to be. There is no way around it. It will get easier every time. Ms. S said that the first 5 MONTHS were frustrating for her, but then she started to like it and now it is fun for her. And Mr. N told me last night that Ms. E (blue sash) took on Mr. H of her free will. (Big, HUGE, grunting Mr. H.) I can always look up to her, even though she is probably five inches SHORTER than me. Yikes. I need to get to that point. Maybe she has found a way to use her size to her advantage, but I keep thinking that all of her kicks would have to be REALLY high against someone like Mr. H. I need to work on my kicks.

Oh. Learned new kicks last night. They are COOL. And hard. I need to start practicing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home